Shredded Beef Tacos and a Taco Blog HopPosted on Jan 11, 2013 | 9 comments
Shredded Beef Tacos
These braised, shredded beef tacos take a few hours to prepare but are perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon. You can make the meat ahead as they reheat beautifully, freeze well, and taste even better after a day or two.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Entree
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 pounds chuck roast, beef brisket, or stew meat
- 3 cups warm water
- 1 chile chipotle in adobo, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- Put the beef in a heavy-bottomed pot or Dutch oven.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the water with the rest of the ingredients until dissolved. Pour over the beef. Bring to a boil, cover and lower the heat.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours, until beef can be easily shredded with two forks. Remove beef from pot with a slotted spoon and shred with two forks.
- Meanwhile, set the pot with the braising liquid over medium-high heat and simmer until reduced to about 1 cup. Pour over the shredded beef and mix.
- Serve the shredded beef in tacos, burritos, enchiladas, or whatever else you want.
Gluten Free, Kosher Meat