As someone who loves to cook – and eat – recipe development projects are among my favorite. I enjoy nothing more than brainstorming ideas, testing recipes until they are clear and replicable, and knowing that I might inspire someone to get into the kitchen. My recipes have appeared in both print and digital publications, for editorial and branded content alike.
I’ve worked with Serious Eats, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Mealthy, Indiana University Health, and others to create innovative recipes that resonate with readers. My recipes have also appeared in publications like The Joy of Kosher, The Forward, and SheKnows.
In 2011 I released a mini e-cookbook, Puff Pastry at Brunch, which featured 10 original sweet and savory brunch recipes utilizing the infinitely versatile freezer staple of puff pastry.
“The recipes and content [Katherine] provides are always well-researched and compelling”
~ Ariel Kanter, Serious Eats
Some examples of my recipe work:
Bed, Bath, and Beyond
- Beyond the Bun: 3 Hot Dog Recipes for National Hot Dog Day
- Make Incredible Nasi Goreng in Just 15 Minutes
- Make Brunch a Breeze with Pulled Pork Huevos Rancheros
- The Ultimate After-School Treat: Chocolate Cupcake Milkshakes
- Philly Cheesesteak Nachos
- Peppers Stuffed with Carnitas, Rice, and Beans
- Coconut Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
- Pressure Cooker Pulled Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
- Butternut Squash Salad with Spicy Candied Pepitas, Goat Cheese & Molasses Vinaigrette
- Roasted Kabocha Squash with Pecan Raisin Relish
- Pressure Cooker Beef and Apricot Tagine
Indiana University Health Blog
- Winter Greens: Hearty Veggie Recipes to Promote Good Health
- Delicious and Quick Pressure Cooker Dinners
- From Chili to Pancakes: Perfect Pumpkin Recipes
- Fabulous Fall Salads
- Valentine’s Day Recipes
- Cool Dishes for Hot Nights: Refreshing Recipes You Can Make in Minutes
- Refreshing Iced Tea
- Poached Salmon with Minted Fava Mash
- Edible Gifts: Chocolate-Covered Salted Caramels
- Sweet and Sour Stuffed Onions
Regardless of the scope of the project, my attention to detail and focus on creating tasty recipes remains the same.
If you are interested in partnering, reach out so we can brainstorm ideas and see if I am a good fit for your project. We’ll chat about your vision and specific needs, I’ll provide multiple recipe concepts, and, once we’ve agreed upon the direction of our project, I’ll get testing and won’t stop until I am satisfied that the recipe is as clear, easy to follow, and foolproof as possible.