Easy Greek SaladPosted on Jan 11, 2012 | 38 comments
This easy Greek salad comes together quickly and is packed for flavor. It's a big hit when entertaining.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Side
Yield: 6 Servings
- ½ red onion, sliced very thin (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Greek salad seasoning or oregano
- 12 ounces lettuce
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
- 2 ounces Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2-3 ounce block feta
- Put the red onion in a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of the red wine vinegar and allow to marinate while preparing the salad.
- Make the dressing. Combine the remaining ½ cup red wine vinegar, olive oil, and seasoning in a cruet. Shake well to combine.
- Put the lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and olives in a salad bowl.
- Pour the marinated red onion and any remaining liquid over.
- Top with the block of feta.
- Serve with the dressing. (Alternately, you could easily make individual servings of the salad)
Gluten Free, Kosher Dairy, Vegetarian