Even if you think you don’t like broccoli, bear with me. Roasting this cruciferous vegetable completely transforms it. Although I like broccoli in all forms – raw, steamed, stir fried, you name it – there’s nothing like roasted broccoli. As it crisps and lightly browns it takes on an incredibly satisfying texture and nutty flavor that even broccoli haters have loved. I swear. This is barely a recipe, but it’s so good and I make it so often I finally had to share. It’s an incredibly versatile side that compliments just about every meal from roast chicken to steak, and from black bean burgers to pasta. Plus, it’s gluten free, kosher dairy, and vegetarian. Leave off the parmesan to make it vegan and parve! Trust me, it’s still delicious. What’s your favorite way to enjoy broccoli?
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toss the broccoli with olive oil and season with salt.
- Spread in an even layer on a large baking sheet and transfer to the oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, or until slightly crispy and browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool just slightly.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the parmesan. Serve immediately.
Linked up at Tastetastic Thursday over at A Little Nosh