Guest Post: Strawberry Mint Corn Bread from Cafe TerraPosted on Jul 10, 2012 | 12 comments
Today I have a wonderful treat for you: A guest post from one of my favorite blogs, Cafe Terra Blog. By day Terra is a food safety auditor who travels around the country checking up on kitchens from high end restaurants to jails. She has an amazing resource on her blog called the Food Safety Corner, where you can ask her any nagging questions you have, like at what temperature butter should be stored. And, of course, there’s also the amazing food on Terra’s blog. Watermelon Lime Sorbet, Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches, Lime Posset with Strawberry Gelee – I swear every one of her recipes is better than the last! Today she’s sharing an inspiring recipe that I can’t wait to try. I’ll let Terra take it from here:
Hi everybody my name is Terra from CafeTerraBlog, a site where there is a recipe for everyone! I enjoy creating new recipes, and sharing old family favorites. If you have not had a chance to stop by my site, please come on over and say hi! When I was trying to decide what to make, I was inspired by a visit to a local farmers market. Who doesn’t like fresh AND local treats, right?
This recipe uses fresh corn, fresh strawberries, and even fresh mint. Whenever I make a recipe, I always think about ways you can change it up to make it perfect for you. You could use any fruit that is in season, and add in your favorite herb. This corn bread is versatile, and VERY fun!
- 2 cups corn flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 2 cups strawberries, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp mint, chopped finely
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno, diced
- 1 ear of corn taken off cob
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 9 pan, or you could use a large cast iron pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix in sugar, almond milk, eggs, and melted butter. Pour wet ingredients into flour mixture and mix well. Add in strawberries, corn, mint, and jalapenos.
- Pour in pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes depending on oven.
Thank you so much Katherine for asking me to guest blog at your lovely site! I hope you are having a wonderful Summer, and your trip to the U.S. was fantastic! Your photography always inspires me, I am so honored you had me guest blog.