Tofu Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce and AwardsPosted on Oct 2, 2011 | 59 comments
Tofu Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce
This Thai-inspired satay is as good as you'll find at a restaurant and the dipping sauce is so tasty you'll want to eat it with anything. Perfect as an appetizer or a light entree.
Author: Adapted from The Food Network
Recipe Type: Appetiser, Entree
Yield: 2 to 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 package extra-firm tofu, sliced into 1-inch thick rectangles and patted very dry
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1½ tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado or canola oil
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
For the Marinade:
- Combine the soy sauce, sesame oil, and sherry vinegar in a large bowl. Add the tofu and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours (refrigerate if marinating longer than 1 hour).
For the Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- Put the coconut milk, peanut butter, garlic, curry powder, brown sugar, lime juice, oil, and soy sauce in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Arrange the tofu in one layer in a large baking dish (use two if necessary).
- Brush each piece of tofu with a bit of the Peanut Dipping Sauce.
- Transfer the baking pan to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and flip each piece of tofu. Brush the tofu again with the dipping sauce and return to the oven.
- Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes, until tofu is nicely browned.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. Serve with the dipping sauce
Vegetarian, Vegan, Parve, Gluten Free (with GF soy sauce)
AwardsI am so lucky to be part of an incredible, inspiring, supportive blogging community. Recently some of my very favorite blogs passed on awards to me and I am honored. I've got five awards from four amazing bloggers to give thanks for! Wow. So thank you to: Just as Delish and Manu's Menu for the Versatile Blogger Award, Disgraces on the Menu for the Cherry on Top Award, and Alterkitchen for both the Versatile Blogger Award and the Cherry on Top Award!
The rule is that I need to share 7 facts about me and then pass on the award to 15 other bloggers. So here go my 7 facts (I will try to share 7 different facts from last time):
- In addition to food blogging I'm also a freelance food writer - yes, it is the best job ever!
- I have been married for three+ years (we've been together way longer than that) to my high school sweetheart and best friend.
- My husband is attending medical school in Be'er Sheva, which is why we are living here.
- My least favorite food in the entire world is and has always been canned tuna fish. I can't even stand the smell.
- I am excited to be traveling to Greece for the first time in less than two weeks!
- I have one sibling, a younger sister. She's an awesome artist (check out her stuff here!).
- I recently watched all of the TV show Battlestar Galactica and am obsessed! Like, call it BSG obsessed.
- Blue Kale Road
- Cookie and Kate
- Dixie Caviar
- Fifteen Spatulas
- Flour Trader
- Healthy Green Kitchen
- Kalyn's Kitchen
- Kitchen Riffs
- Lulu's Sweet Secrets
- Mummy, I Can Cook!
- My Fiance Likes it so it Must Be Good!
- Roti n Rice
- The Little Loaf
- Two Spoons
- Wine Country Cook