Tomato, Tomatillo, and Avocado SaladPosted on Sep 13, 2013 | 15 comments
Heirloom Tomato, Tomatillo, and Avocado Salad
This simple heirloom tomato, tomatillo, and avocado salad recipe takes advantage of the last of fabulous summer farmers market produce. It's delicious on its own, on top of crostini, spooned over chicken or fish, or as a chunky salsa.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Salad
Yield: Makes 2 to 4 servings
- 1 pound (about ½ kilo) various heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large tomatillos (about 8oz/230g), peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Put the tomatoes, tomatillos, avocado, and cilantro in a bowl. Drizzle the lime juice and olive oil and toss to combine. Season with salt and garnish with additional chopped cilantro if you like. Serve immediately, or refrigerate overnight (the avocado will become slightly discolored but the taste will still be fantastic).
Gluten Free, Parve, Vegan, Vegetarian