Marinated Kale Salad and a Leafy Green Blog HopPosted on Aug 31, 2012 | 33 comments
Marinated Kale Salad
Make this salad at least an hour ahead to give the kale time to relax and absorb all the great flavors.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Salad
Yield: 6 side servings
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (I like whole grain)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and mustard in a salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the kale and toss with your hands, massaging the vinaigrette into the kale.
- Add the parmesan and toss to fully mis it in.
- You can serve the salad immediately, but it's even better if you let it marinate (keep it in a container in the refrigerator) for at least a few hours.
Gluten free, Kosher dairy, Vegetarian Parve and vegan if you omit the cheese.