Edamame, Basil, and Ricotta PastaPosted on Apr 18, 2012 | 29 comments
Edamame, Basil, and Ricotta Pasta
A quick and flavorful weeknight meal, this simple pasta dish screams spring.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Entree
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound pasta, such as penne
- 3½ cups shelled edamame (soy beans)
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- ¾ cup ricotta
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and set aside. (If using frozen soy beans then add them to the pasta water 5 to 10 minutes before pasta is done, and remove 1 cup of them with a slotted spoon before draining. They float to the top.)
- Put 1 cup of the soy beans with the ricotta and basil in a large bowl and lightly mash together with a fork.
- Add the pasta and remaining soy beans and toss to fully coat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with grated Parmesan.
Kosher dairy, Vegetarian