Potato Salad and a Virtual Picnic for World on a PlatePosted on Apr 30, 2012 | 97 comments
Pack your picnic basket - it's a virtual picnic!
Seriously the world's best Buttermilk Fried Chicken recipe
And some darn good Buttermilk Biscuits to go with them
Here's a cole slaw so light it's known as Health Salad
A picnic-perfect Sour Cherry and Mulberry Pie
And, for second dessert, all-American Strawberry Shortcake
Finally, the Potato Salad you've been waiting for
This potato salad gets its brightness from lemon juice and a good zing from the Dijon mustard. It couldn't be easier to put together, and goes well with every kind of picnic and barbecue main. On top of it all, it's gluten free, parve, and vegan!
This mayo-free potato salad is the perfect side for a picnic, and it only gets better after a few hours in the fridge or picnic basket.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Side
Yield: 6 servings
- 1½ pounds new potatoes, halved or quartered
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and peper
- ¾ cup chopped scallions
- Put the potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water.
- Simmer over medium heat, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, until tender. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the olive oil, mustard, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the vinaigrette and chives. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Gluten free, Parve, Vegan, Vegetarian