Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes and a Potato Blog HopPosted on Dec 9, 2011 | 50 comments
Sour Cream and Scallion Smashed Potatoes
Sour cream and scallion mashed potatoes come together quickly using just a few ingredients and make the perfect side that is naturally vegetarian and gluten free.
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Side
- 2½-3 pounds potatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup warm milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup chopped scallions, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Put the potatoes in a large pot of salted water and bring to a boil. Simmer until the potatoes are soft, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and return to the pot. Add the warmed milk and mash with a potato masher or wooden spoon.
- Add the sour cream and continue mashing until you reach the desired consistency/smoothness.
- Stir in the scallions with a wooden spoon and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately, topped with additional scallions, if desired.
Gluten Free, Kosher Dairy, Vegetarian