Roasted (or Grilled!) Asparagus for #SundaySupperPosted on Jul 1, 2012 | 36 comments
This 4th of July I won't be barbecuing, but I will be at Coney Island going to the beach, watching a Cyclones minor league baseball game, enjoying fireworks, drinking beer and eating hot dogs - sounds like a pretty all-American day to me! What are you up to this Independence Day?
Roasted (or Grilled!) Asparagus
Recipes don't get much simpler than this one! And it's gluten free, vegetarian and, if the cheese is omitted, vegan!
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Side
Yield: 4 servings
- 9 ounces (262 grams) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan, optional
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F or preheat your grill.
- Put the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Put the pan in the oven or put the asparagus spears directly on the hot grill.
- If cooking in the oven, roast for 15 to 20 minutes, or until nicely browned and tender. If grilling, cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until slightly charred and tender.
- Remove from the oven or grill and top with a light sprinkling of grated parmesan cheese, if you wish. Serve with additional lemon wedges.
Gluten free, Parve (omit cheese), Vegan (omit cheese), Vegetarian
- Tender & Sweet Crockpot Brisket Juanita’s Cocina
- Savory Patriotic Chicken Kabobs Big Bear’s Wife
- Firecracker Salmon Rolls Comfy Cuisine
- Red, White & Blue Grilled Pizza Momma’s Meals
- Baby Back Ribs with Balsamic Peach BBQ Sauce Damn Delicious
- Bubblin’ Brown Sugar Baby Back Ribs In The Kitchen With KP
- Buttermilk Oven Fried Chicken The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Juicy Lucy’s with Blueberry Ketchup! by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Grilled Hawaiian Teriyaki Beef Mrs. Mama Hen
- Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Perfectly Grilled Chicken and Potatoes Daddy Knows Less
- Texas Smoked Brisket Doggie At The Dinner Table
- Grilled Chicken in a Blueberry BBQ Sauce Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken Burgers with Curried Cabbage Slaw-Indian Soni’s Food for Thought
- Finger Foods for the Fourth Pescetarian Journal
- Grilled Pork Satays with Peanut Sauce Tora’s Real Food
- Southwestern Corn and Black Bean Salad Supper for a Steal
- Roasted/Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan Katherine Martinelli
- Patriotic Ranch Potato Salad The Meltaways
- Roasted Red Pepper & White Bean Salad Are you hungry
- Texas-Creole Crawfish Potato Salad The Weekend gourmet
- Spicy Italian Peppers in Sauce What Smells so Good?
- Sangria Fruit Salad Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Stuffed Black Olive Cookistry
- Mexican Quinoa Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing Dinners Dishes and Desserts
- Low Fat Pasta Salad Basic and Delicious
- Bean Salad with Pickled Vegetables Diabetic Foodie
- Tomato and Mozzarella Appetizer Family Foodie
- Red White & Blueberry Ricotta Cupcakes Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Red Velvet Brownies Magnolia Days
- S’mores Pastries Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White and Blue Firecracker Cupcakes Chocolate Moosey
- Caramel-filled Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Bean Buttercream The Messy Baker
- Red/white/blue German Obstkuchen (fruit-topped cake) German Foodie
- Strawberry and Cream Cake Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Fourth Sticks In the Kitchen with Audrey
- White Chocolate Berry Tart Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Apple Pie Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades
- Red White and Blue Coconut Rum Cake Family Spice
- Individual Red White and Blue Triffles Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Mini Carrot Cakes Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Plum and Apple Pies Cositas Bonitas
- Red White and Blue Triffle Cravings of a Lunatic
Fabulous Pairings by Martin from ENOFYLZ