With the weather heating up (and it is scorching here already!) I’ve got light, bright, fresh, raw salads, salsas, and sauces on the brain. I whipped up this delicious Black Bean and Corn Salsa to top the fish tacos that I just posted about, but I was also eating the leftovers with tortilla chips as a dip. It would be great with grilled chicken or fish as well. In addition to the black beans and corn, I also included pineapple for a hint of sweetness, tomato, cilantro, and lime juice. I could seriously eat this one way or another every day of summer. What are your favorite bean recipes? Link them up in the blog hop below!
- 1 (14-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1¼ cups corn kernels (from 2 ears corn)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ½ cup packed chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss to combine. Season with additional salt, pepper, or lime juice as needed.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Get more blog hop inspiration here >>