Healthy Baked Chicken Recipe with Flax SeedsPosted on Jun 13, 2012 | 24 comments
The chicken is baked with no additional oil, so it’s really about as lean and protein-packed as you can get. I also find that flax seeds are incredible filling, so I ate less. Which left more chicken leftover to eat in salads – it’s great cold! You could also use chicken tenders and serve these to kids as a healthier rendition of chicken fingers.
Flax Seed Chicken
This baked flax seed chicken is super healthy and can be on the table in about 30 minutes. It’s great warm or cold, with rice, potatoes, or on a salad. Use chicken tenders to make it kid friendly!
Author: Katherine Martinelli
Recipe Type: Entree
Yield: 6 servings
- ¾ cups bread crumbs
- 6 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2½ pounds (1.3 kilos) chicken breast
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the bread crumbs and flax seeds in a shallow bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg, then in the bread crumb mixture, coating thoroughly. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then turn the chicken breasts.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and serve with lemon wedges (also great cold!).