Pumpkin-Ginger BreadPosted on Nov 23, 2011 | 37 comments
This gingery pumpkin quick bread comes together quickly and is perfect for Fall. It makes a great breakfast, tea time snack, or dessert.
Author: Adapted from Skinny Taste
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Dessert, Bread
Yield: Makes 1 loaf
- 1½ cups pumpkin puree
- 1¼ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp pepitas
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with baking spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix oil, egg whites, pumpkin puree, and vanilla and beat until thick.
- Add flour mixture, then blend until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, top with pepitas and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes before slicing.