Friday Shout-Out: Nutella
Posted on Sep 16, 2011 | 25 comments
This week's Friday Shout-Out is all about Nutella! I remember my first taste of Nutella. When I was 16 I visited France with a friend and stayed with her grandmother in Paris. We spent our days wandering the streets and sitting in cafes, trying very hard to look chic and Parisian. We ate a lot of crepes, many with Nutella. I was immediately hooked on the sultry, creamy, sweet hazelnut spread. But although I always have a jar handy I don't put it to enough good use. Luckily this week I noticed a bunch of enticing Nutella recipes that are just the
kick in the butt
inspiration I needed.
In addition to these awesome Nutella recipes, all these blogs are phenomenal all the time so please check them out!
Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- This week was the reveal for group A of the Secret Recipe Club
, which led me to so many great blogs! One of them was Erin's Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
who posted a tempting Flourless Nutella Cake
from another beautiful blog, Ilke's Kitchen
. Erin is, with good reason, obsessed with Nutella so be sure to stop by for even more recipes.
- This is another great blog that I've been visiting for quite some time. This week Tina posted these sensational N&N Bars
. The N&N stands for Nutella and nibs, which are chopped up cocoa beans that "have a nutty, sharp chocolate taste and bring a unique texture and taste to baked goods." I'll take 12, please!
- If somehow you are not familiar with Manu's Menu then stop what you are doing and get your butt over there! Manu is an Italian living in New Zealand and brings us incredible recipes every week. This week she posted Piadine with Sweet Fillings
(in this case Nutella and apricot), which are an Italian street food akin to crepes. They look sensational.
- Simply Cooked is a wonderful blog that I've been introduced to through a blogging group that I am part of. Sarah lives in Hong Kong and posts delicious, healthy recipes. I was totally intrigued by her Strawberry and Nutella Muffins
. They're whole wheat, so healthier than your average muffin, and I'm a sucker for any kind of chocolate and fruit combo.
Sweet and Savory Tooth
- This is a blog that I just discovered this week and I'm so happy I did. I literally stumbled upon it, as in with StumbleUpon. It stopped on these stunning Nutella Banana Crepes
and I was entranced. Aren't they gorgeous? They brought me back to my first Nutella experience and I love the addition of bananas!
Did you make or see any other mouth-watering Nutella recipes this week? What’s your favorite way to Nutella? Leave a comment and let me know!