Asian Lettuce WrapsPosted on Jun 4, 2012 | 18 comments
Asian Lettuce Wraps
These Asian Lettuce Wraps make a great low carb appetizer or entree and come together in just about 30 minutes!
Recipe Type: Appetizer or Entree
Yield: 4 servings as a main
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound (500 grams) ground turkey breast
- 5 ounces (116 grams) mushrooms, roughly chopped (I used mixture of white button and cremini)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups (173 grams) finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup (85 grams) thinly sliced green onions
- ¼ cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 small head Napa cabbage (substitute iceberg lettuce)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh shredded ginger
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the turkey, mushrooms, and salt.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring often and breaking up the turkey with a wooden spoon until cooked through.
- Add the shredded cabbage and green onions. Cook until the cabbage is just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, lemon zest and juice, and Sriracha. Remove from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- To prepare the dipping sauce, combine all the ingredients and whisk to combine.
- To serve, carefully remove each individual leaf from the cabbage, place turkey mixture on the leaves and serve with sauce.
Gluten free, Kosher meat