Harissa Roasted Butternut Squash and a Thanksgiving Blog Hop
- 1 (2 ¼ pound / about 1 kg) butternut squash
- ½ cup shelled walnuts
- ½ cup coarse breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup harissa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Wash and halve the butternut squash, remove the seeds, and slice into ¼-inch thick wedges. Arrange on 2 baking sheets that have been lightly coated with olive oil.
- Grind walnuts in a food processor until the consistency of very rough breadcrumbs. Mix together with the breadcrumbs, mint and salt and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together harissa and olive oil.
- Brush harissa mixture over the tops of the butternut squash slices. Sprinkle evenly with the walnut and breadcrumb mixture and pat down slightly.
- Put in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until squash is tender and breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
Parve, Vegan and Vegetarian
Recipe by www.KatherineMartinelli.com at http://www.katherinemartinelli.com/blog/2012/harissa-roasted-butternut-squash-and-a-thanksgiving-blog-hop/